So I found this awesome website and community. Long Hair Care Forum (www.longhaircareforum.com). It is a community of mostly african-american women that have acquired or in search of healthy hair. What I like about this website . You have to subscribe for full access to the forum I believe, but it's only $6.50 a year.

I never gave two hoots about my hair. My mom would always yell at me to be careful with my hair - be gentle combing, always moisturize, blah blah, etc. but I never listened or half-heartedly did. But I think I'm just at the point in my life where I actually care about my hair. Which is what this journal is about.
Here are some pics of my hair:

As you can see. Wearing weaves and braids have decimated my hair line. I've been trying to nurture my hair. I'm in boxbraids and have been using Mega-Tek (I know it's advertised for horses, but it works just as well for humans and is equally safe).
My edges/hairline are way shorter. So the next time I check my hair length I'll look at my edges too.
Be back soon,
PV
No comments:
Post a Comment